Recipe: snickerdoodles


Snickerdoodles 
 
1 cup softened butter
1 ½ cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 ¾ cups flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
¼ cup sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
Put 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon together in a little bowl and set aside
Mix butter and sugar until creamy
Slowly beat eggs and vanilla
Gradually add flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar
Roll dough into small balls, roll in cinnamon/sugar mixture, and place on cookie sheet
(I found that flattening the cookie balls helped them spread in my oven but they should lay down on their own)
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden
About 2 to 3 dozen cookies

(And yes, that is the picture of my batch of cookies.  The first batch of cookies that has turned out here in Scotland for me!)

1 comments:

Elise Stokes said...

My gosh, those look good! Printing the recipe as I type. Have a fantastic weekend, Rachel.:)

Post a Comment